Linda September 18th, 2012
Still getting used to the new job and most off all the new routine. Mimi and I have discovered MonsterHigh dolls and the fun of repainting (and in my case modding) them. I bought this girl on Ebay and took a dremel to her chest. In the previous post you can see the partial progress and Mimi’s finished doll. Here is mine after all her mods. Her head has an old vacuum bulb on it to hopefully give the impression of a crown. Her skirt and top are made out of tea dyed gauze. The skirt is attached to her “bum” using 3 tiny brass screws. I decided to add more screws to her feet so she would have the illusion of shoes. I have 2 more dolls that I plan on modding. One is a “sea creature” type and the other is the “daughter” of the phantom of the opera. Both will be done with extensive dremel mods and done again with a steampunk theme. I am hoping to have a “body” of work to exhibit next year at SteamCon V. These dolls are a lot cheaper to use than ABJD (asian ball jointed dolls). I am happy with this girl and think that her face turned out pretty good. As usual, I know with practice my face-paints will improve (again, another reason to use cheaper dolls till I am good enough to use the hundred/s of $$$ dolls.